Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the Toronto Transit Commission’s ("TTC") World Wide Web site pages (the "Web Site"). Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the Web Site. The TTC may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion by updating this posting. You should read this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, as they may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of the TTC.
Use of Web Site
The material and information (the "Works") on the Web Site are protected by copyright laws. You shall only be entitled to view and make a copy of the Works for your own personal and non-commercial use provided that you do not delete, obstruct or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. You may not sell or modify the Works or republish, reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use any substantial part of the Works in any manner whatsoever, including electronically reproducing the Works by "uploading," "downloading" or accessing the Works on the Internet or any other local or international computer system, without the prior written permission of the TTC or the appropriate copyright holder. The use or display of the Works on any other Web site for any purpose is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from the TTC. An acknowledgement of the source must be included whenever TTC material is copied or published. Any infringement of the TTC's rights will result in appropriate legal action. The TTC disclaims any and all liability for any consequences that may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the Works whatsoever.
Web Browser Support
The TTC website was built using up-to-date web standards and supports multiple web browser types and versions. For optimum display, we recommend you use the latest version of one of the following web browsers. The latest versions are available as free downloads.
Web Site Accuracy
The Works contained in this Web Site has been provided as a public service. Although every attempt has been made to ensure its accuracy, the TTC does not make any warranties or representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the Works contained in this Web Site.
TTC transit services are subject to continuous review and are subject to change without notice. The Web Site may include incomplete information, inaccuracies or typographical errors. The TTC and any other persons involved in the management of the Web Site may make changes in the information and content included in the Web Site at any time without notice. The TTC and its subsidiaries and its affiliates shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you may place on the Web Site, the Works or its contents. Use of this Web Site is on an "as is" basis and is entirely at your own risk.
In the event of a discrepancy between the information contained on this Web Site and the information contained in the records of the TTC, the information contained in the records of the TTC shall be deemed to be accurate.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website contains links to other websites that are created and operated by independent bodies and are therefore, not under the control of the Toronto Transit Commission. These website links are provided as a public service and do not imply the investigation or verification of the linked websites by the Toronto Transit Commission. The Toronto Transit Commission is not responsible, and makes no express or implied representations or warranties concerning the products, services and information found on the linked websites.
All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the security of your personal information transmitted over the Internet; however, the Internet is not a secure medium, and neither the privacy of your communications, nor visits to the Web Site, can be guaranteed. The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, unauthorized access, interception and delays.
The Toronto Transit Commission is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our Web site. Part of that commitment is to explain what information may be collected and why, how it will be used and who may have access to it. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M. 56, as amended.
When you visit the TTC Web site(s), you do so anonymously - there is no need to tell us who you are. If you direct an enquiry to a Toronto Transit Commission department or enter any TTC contest, we will ask you to provide your name, phone number, mailing address and/or e-mail address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or contest submission. Only those who "need to know" will have access to the personal information provided.
The TTC respects the privacy of its Internet users and will conform to accepted industry standards and legal requirements to protect its customers' information.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c.11, Schedule A, including but not limited to Part XVII and amendments thereto. All information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M. 56, as amended. Any person having questions regarding the collection of personal information may contact, in writing, the Co-ordinator of Freedom of Information at 1900 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4S 1Z2 or by telephone at 416-393-3934.
This Site may contain contests that offer prizes or that require you to send in material or information about yourself. Each contest has its own rules, which you must read and agree to before you may enter. Sending a message to the TTC does not cause the TTC to have any special responsibility to you.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the TTC, the contents of the Web Site and all goods that may be provided in connection with the Web Site are provided "as is," and are for consumer end use only and all express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, are denied and disclaimed, except to the extent that such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction. Except as otherwise expressly agreed, the TTC makes no representations, warranties, covenants or guaranties as to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any of the contents of the Web Site, or any goods that may be provided or sold in any connection with the Web Site. Any representations, warranties or covenants with respect to any goods referred to in the Web Site shall be subject to, governed by, and as stated in the applicable contract governing the provision of same.
Exclusion of Liability
In connection with your viewing and use of the Web Site, the TTC shall not be liable for any damages, harm, liability, loss, cost, expense, or injury suffered in any connection with the Web Site whatsoever including without limitation, as a result of viewing, using, accessing, copying, downloading or storing any part of the Works. In no event shall the TTC be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, third-party, or consequential damages (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however same may arise, whether for breach of contract, in tort, negligence, equity, or otherwise, even if the TTC has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
You agree to have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used in connection with the Web Site and will not make a claim against the TTC for lost data, re-run time, data corruption, communication interception, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from any use of the Web Site and you agree not to apply for or seek any equitable relief, or any punitive or exemplary damages whatsoever.
Other web sites that may be accessed from the Web Site by hypertext links are entirely independent of the Web Site and shall NOT, in any manner, be construed as any reflection on, any affiliation with, or endorsement of, any such site or entity, or its respective information, products or services, by the TTC. The TTC does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in such sites.
If you want to link to the Web Site, you may do so, provided you agree to the link conditions described below ("Link Conditions"):
- A link may be established to the following page of the Web Site:
Links may not be established to any other pages on this Web Site without the prior permission of the TTC.
- If you link to the Web Site, your web site may not.
- imply that the TTC is endorsing you or your products or services;
- imply an affiliation between you or any entity on whose behalf you may be acting without the prior written consent of the TTC;
- misrepresent your relationship with the TTC or present false or misleading impressions about the TTC or its services; and
- contain content that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive.
- The TTC shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site.
- The TTC may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to the Web Site, with or without cause. If the TTC exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to the Web Site.
- The TTC may amend the Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by the Link Conditions and the other terms and conditions on the Web Site, as amended from time to time.
By establishing a link to the Web Site, you will be deemed to have agreed to the Link Conditions.
Web Sites Linked to Web Site
Certain web sites may be linked to the Web Site. Not all of these links may have been permitted by the TTC. Regardless of whether a link has been permitted by the TTC, the TTC is not responsible for the contents of any web site that is linked to the Web Site. The TTC makes no representations or warranties, and does not endorse, any web site that is linked to the Web Site, the contents of any such web site, the information appearing on any such web site or any of the products or services described on any such web site. The fact that a web site is linked to the Web Site does not imply that the TTC sponsors or is affiliated or associated with the entity that owns or is responsible for the web site linked to the Web Site.
The symbols and TM designate Canadian registered trademark and unregistered trademark status respectively. The trademarks and logos displayed on the Web Site are the property of the TTC or other third parties. The display of trademarks herein does not imply that a licence of any kind has been granted. You are not permitted to use or display any of these trademarks without the prior written consent of the TTC or the applicable third party.
Use of Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Other Communication Forums
If the Web Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), you agree to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that shall not, in any manner or to any extent, do any of the following:
- commit any criminal or quasi-criminal offence, including without limitation, any pornography, hate, assault, or economic crime whatsoever;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- infringe, contravene, breach or otherwise interfere with or harm the rights of any other person, including without limitation any contractual, personality, confidentiality, privacy, moral, statutory, common law or intellectual property;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- delete any author attributions, trademarks, trade names, logos, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- falsify the origin or source of software, information or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward any surveys, contests, or chain letters;and,
- download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. You acknowledge and agree that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, you acknowledge that chats, postings, conferences, and other communications by other users are not monitored, screened, sanctioned or endorsed by the TTC, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by the TTC. The TTC reserves the right for any reason to remove at any time without notice any contents of the Forums received from users, including without limitation bulletin board postings. The TTC reserves the right to deny, in its sole and absolute discretion, any user access to the Web Site or any portion thereof without notice.
By entering this Web Site you acknowledge and agree that this Web Site will be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada. You hereby agree and confirm that your use of this Web Site and all of the communications, transmissions and transactions associated with this Web Site shall have occurred in the Province of Ontario, Canada and that you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario as the proper and most convenient forum concerning this Web Site. If you use this Web Site from another jurisdiction, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws. The TTC makes no representation that the materials contained within this Web Site are appropriate for customers outside of the Province of Ontario, Canada.