501 Queen diversion due to Ontario Line construction
Starting May 1, 2023, 501 Queen streetcars will divert both ways between McCaul Street and Broadview Avenue due to the construction of the Ontario Line subway project.
Ontario Line construction will require Queen Street, between Bay Street and Victoria Street, to be closed.
Route diversion information
501 Queen streetcars will divert both ways via McCaul Street, Dundas Street, and Broadview Avenue, to regular route.
301 Queen Blue Night buses will operate as follows:
- Eastbound: east on Queen Street West, south on Bay Street, east on King Street, north on Church Street, and east on Queen Street East, to regular route.
- Westbound: west on Queen Street East, south on Church Street, west on Richmond Street, north on Bay Street, west on Queen Street West, to regular route.
Temporary new route branch
501B Queen buses will operate as follows:
- Eastbound: Bathurst Street, east on Queen Street West, south on Bay Street, east on King Street, north on Church Street and east on Queen Street East, to Broadview Avenue.
- Westbound: River Street, west on Queen Street East, south on Church Street, west on Richmond Street, north on Bay Street, west on Queen Street West to Bathurst Street.
This branch will be removed from service, once the streetcar track work along Adelaide is complete.
Customers can transfer to and from buses on streetcars at the following stops:
- Eastbound: On Queen Street West at John Street. On Broadview Avenue, north of Queen Street East.
- Westbound: On River Street, south of Dundas Street East. On Queen Street West at John Street.
The new Ontario Line will enhance the accessibility and efficiency for people travelling within Toronto and its surrounding areas.
It includes 15 new stations, starting from Exhibition Place, going through downtown and ending at the Ontario Science Centre. The line will connect to existing subway Line 1 at Osgoode and Queen stations, Pape Station, and Line 5 Eglinton at Science Centre Station, as well as to GO Transit rail services at Exhibition GO and the future East Harbour station.
For more details, please visit Metrolinx.com/OntarioLine.